At Matter, we are passionate about helping the world’s best teams and companies build amazing company cultures.
As Matter’s first Sales Development Representative, your role is to engage with inbound prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Matter, and moving them forward in the sales process. You will be Matter’s first point of contact. You will play a key role in building the Matter brand and creating a great first impression.
This is a unique opportunity to be Matter’s first sales hire, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
This role is remote-first, with EST or CST business hours.
How you'll contribute:
- Providing a great experience for Matter’s prospective & current customers.
- Engaging with prospective accounts and existing customers via email and Zoom.
- Managing account opportunities through a CRM like ActiveCampaign.
- Working closely with Matter’s Head of Growth to optimize the sales pipeline, create new sales collateral, and close deals.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers.
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers and upsell existing customers.
- Meeting agreed-upon sales goals.
- Working with other functions to improve business processes.
A little about you:
- 1-4 years of work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving.
- Collaborative and coachable.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with these systems and tools: (Front, ActiveCampaign, Zapier, Slack, Microsoft Teams)
- You have worked at startups previously.
Apply for 📈 Sales Development Representative, Inbound